Water heaters are a staple in every house. They are a vital part of every home. Hot water is needed for bathing, washing dishes, cleaning and much more. As it is a necessity, it is also important to choose one such hot water replacement that saves energy, money and also protects the environment. Out of all the water heaters and replacements available online, finding that one hot water system that is efficient and does the necessary work is not as easy as it seems. And before you head out to buy one, you should have knowledge of what you need.
In this article, we would like to draw your attention to different types and features of hot water systems that will help you know what you need. So consider the features and types mentioned below to make a smart decision about what to choose for your home.
Types of Hot Water Systems
There are many different systems that can be used for heating the water. Depending on your use and hot water system installation costs, here are some of the types.
- Storage Tank
This is the most commonly used hot water system that heats up the water by natural gas, electricity, oil or propane. In this type of hot water system, hot water is taken out of the tank when the cold flowing water is turned on and is replaced from the bottom.
Tankless water heating system is another name for demand water heaters. This water is heated by using electricity or gas. The water flows through this tankless system and gets heated up as per the requirement.
This is a traditional type of water heating system that heats the water in the tank through the sunlight. If in case the water tank does not heat up the water properly, a conventional water heater is used along with it to bring the water to the desired temperature.
- Heat Pump
These are one of the new hot water systems that use electricity to heat up the water. They help in moving heat from one place to another. They can be either used for heating only or can be also used in a combination with air conditioning and heating systems.
Factors Responsible For Choosing The Right Water Heat System
Choosing the right hot water replacement completely depends on your preferences and needs. Though there are several factors that make a water heat system perfect but again depending on your choices you can pick the best for your home. Hot water system installation costs, availability of energy resources, heater regulations etc are also an important factor to consider.
- Recovery Efficiency – This factor defines the efficiency of a water heater, how efficiently the heat is applied to the water.
- Standby Loss – This factor is responsible for the percentage of heat loss per hour of the stored water in a water heating system.
- Cycling Loss – Cycling loss is the loss of heat in the hot water repair as the water circulates through the unit
- Water Heater Size – The size of the water heater tells if it is useful or not. A water heater is only useful if it has the capacity to handle your family’s needs. Therefore buy a heater depending on your usage and needs.
- Type Of Water Heater – As mentioned above there are different types of water heaters to consider. Whatever suits you the best and is more familiar to you can serve you the best.
- Fuel Type – Water heat systems come with several fuel options. Whether you need the one with electricity, gas, solar, or geothermal depends on you. Each system comes with its own advantages and disadvantages. Depending on your application and factors mentioned above, make a wise choice.