When it comes to mozzarella cheese, the first thing that comes in our mind is pizza. This cheese has an integral relation with almost every kind of pizzas. Fully or partially, chefs utilize the stretchable feature of this cheese to add an appetizing texture. It has become a common perception that mozzarella is only meant for pizza formation which is completely wrong. With optimum utilization, one can prepare some exciting dishes that may not even available in popular restaurants too. If you have some fresh mozzarella cheese in the refrigerator, use it for preparing the following recipes.
Toasted garlic bread with melted mozzarella
For a great start of the day with some distinctive flavors, try this recipe of total of 10 servings. Here is a list of ingredients that you need to arrange before preparation:-
- 1 cup of Italian buffalo mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 loaf of Italian bread (pound)
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- Extra virgin olive oil (2 teaspoons)
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- Salt & pepper according to your preferred taste
- 2 teaspoons of oregano
This is an instant recipe & you hardly need 10-15 minutes for preparation.
- Take a loaf of bread and cut it into equal slices (2 inches thick). Some bread loaves already come in slices that you don’t need to slice down.
- Take a small bowl and mix the ingredients including virgin olive oil, crushed garlic, butter, salt, pepper & oregano spice. After mixing thoroughly, spread it evenly on all bread slides one by one.
- Heat up your broiler or oven. Arrange all the slices on a baking sheet & put it inside the broiler for around 5 minutes. Make sure that the bread is not burning from any side. You just need to turn its color to brown.
- Take out your bread slices and spread the shredded cheese. Put the bread back to the broiler & bake for the next 2 minutes until the cheese melts down.
- Your toasted garlic bread breakfast is ready to serve with mini ricotta cheesecake & juice for a fresh start of the day.
Fried Mozzarella cheese sticks
Have you ever tried fresh mozzarella cheese for preparing quick munching snacks like french fries? It is very easy and prepare without requiring professional cooking skills. Let’s start with the ingredients.
- Buy a packet of mozzarella cheese sticks from the market (16 ounce)
- 500 ml oil for deep frying
- Beat 2 eggs in a bowl thoroughly
- Arrange a cup of bread crumbs (Italian seasoned)
- All purpose flour (2/3rd cup portion)
- ¼ th cup of water
- ⅓ rd cup of corn starch
- Half teaspoon of garlic salt
These ingredients are meant for the preparing 8 servings. You can increase or decrease the quantity according to desired servings.
- Take a small bowl & mix beaten eggs with water in it.
- Take another bowl for mixing bread crumbs with garlic salt.
- Arrange a new bowl for blending flour & cornstarch.
- Take your cheese sticks and coat them stepwise with flour mixture, egg mixture and finally with bread crumbs.
- Turn on your gas burner, put a large saucepan and add oil to it. Heat the oil until it reaches the deep frying level (180+ degree C).
- Add your mozzarella sticks in the oil and fry until they turn golden brown.
- Your crispy and appetizing snacks are ready to serve with mayonnaise sauce & ketchup.
You can also use freshly grated parmesan cheese for adding an extra coating with exciting new flavor. These two recipes are very easy even for the beginners.