Strep throat is a very common infectious disease which causes sore pain and scratchiness in throat. ‘STREPTOCOCCUS BACTERIA’is a cause for strep throat bacterial infection and it spreads easily among small kids and teenagers numbering the age group (05-15) years old.Sneezing and coughing spread infection rapidly from one person to the other person the infectious bacteria causes inflammation and pain in throat.
HOW LONG STREP THROAT DOESLAST DEPENDS ON ITS SYMPTOMS AND CAUSES.
Strep throat may last for 3-7 days, 10 days and if it is extreme it may last for 2-3 weeks. An individual catches strep throat when exposed to infected droplets of spit from cough and sneezing of the infected ones. How Long Does Strep Throat Last is different from sore throats caused bycolds and other viruses. If strep throat tests are positive among you or your child then medication will only relieve you.
SYMPTOMS OF HOW LONG DOES STREP THROAT LAST
- Painful swallowing
- Body aches
- Vomiting or nausea
- Throat pain that comes quickly
- Tiny red spots at the back of the roof of the mouth.
TREATMENT FOR HOW LONG DOES THE STREP THROAT LASTS
- REST: body needs rest to fight against antigens and infections. Taking off from school and office will be safer for you and your colleagues.
- DRINK LOT OF LIQUIDS: warm water and liquids such as soup, tea, and coffee soothes the throat and keeps the body hydrated to fight against infections.
- GARGLING:to get relief from scratchy, burning and sore throat gargling is a best remedy mix a teaspoon of salt into a glass of water and then gargle with it.
- SEEK DOCTOR’S HELP: if nothing works and things get worse visit doctor immediately and take prescribed medicine
It is possible for strep throat to clear without treatment but the risk increases if strep throat is highly contagious until treated, an individual must undergo proper treatment and medication for relief from pain and must stick to treatment, complications must be avoided and the individual suffering with strep throat must rest from work, school, office and other routine jobs. One must drink plenty of water, consume soft and cold food, gargle with warm salt water, and use a humidifier in room avoid intake of chemicals and polluted environment. How long does the strep throat last or how long it will remain depends on its treatment and medication.