Not so long ago, container tracking used to be a semi-accurate process, and it was very difficult or almost impossible to oversee what was happening to the containers traveling across the globe with valuables inside them. Although modern technology is rapidly changing the face of the entire logistics system by providing the facility of real-time monitoring services for Hind Terminal CFS container tracking as well as Bharat Mumbai container terminal tracking, many shippers are still unaware of the advantages and benefits of the smart container tracking solutions while facing a large number of issues in the supply chain.
What is smart container tracking?
Be it Hind Terminal CFS container tracking or Bharat Mumbai container terminal tracking, smart container tracking is a single-window tracking solution to fulfill all your logistics tracking needs. The new-age container tracking solutions are considered to be smart because they run on the IoT (RFID technology), Big data, and Cloud-based solution with an amazing capability of integrating the information available with agencies across the supply chain offering a detailed near real-time visibility of EXIM container movement via a single dashboard.
What types of data are tracked and monitored through modern container tracking technology?
For any shipper or a logistics manager, nothing is more crucial than the live information on the status of the containers traveling around the globe. A smart container tracking system that operates on the new-age technology is capable of tracking all the telematics data intelligence listed below:
- Shock detection
- Unusual activity
- Late in/out site
- Geofencing and predicted ETA
- Door status (open/close).
Is the system’s role limited only to the tracking?
A smart container tracking system, for Hind Terminal CFS container tracking and Bharat Mumbai container terminal tracking, does much more than just containers. In effect, container tracking is only a small part of what it does to help the shippers’ community. Some of the major roles played by a smart container tracking system include the following:
- The system reduces both lead time and transaction cost
- Promotes rail transport and contributes hugely to making the environment cleaner and safer
- Increases the overall efficiency while reducing the logistics cost
- Provides End-to-End visibility in the network and better handshaking with stakeholders
- Offers bottleneck analysis and Performance Benchmarking
- Increases competitiveness while inculcating kaizen (continuous improvement)
- Generates analytics reports that not only allow real-time container movement but also help in imbibing a growth spiral
- Induces healthy competition through enhanced visibility and transparency to set benchmarks in the supply chain.
- Generates performance benchmarking reports not only to analyze the dwell time of Ports, CFSs, and ICDs but also helps in identifying operational inefficiencies
- Generates congestion analysis reports to analyze the transit time proving to be very much helpful in identifying road/rail congestion and congestion nearby Ports, CFSs and ICDs.
With a smart container tracking system in place for Hind Terminal CFS container tracking and Bharat Mumbai container terminal tracking, shippers can access all information associated with the supply chain. Thus, they not only can make well-informed decisions but also do the needful according to the situation prevailing at that particular point of time.