Roots Analysis is pleased to announce the publication of its recent study, titled, “Next Generation Contact Lenses and Visual Prostheses Market, 2019-2030.”
The report features an extensive study of the current market landscape of therapeutic contact lenses, drug-eluting contact lenses, diagnostic / monitoring contact lenses and visual prostheses. The study lays emphasis on the novel products and technologies that are being developed for the treatment of ocular disorders, which generally cause severe visual impairment or blindness. In addition to other elements, the study includes:
- A detailed review of the landscape of novel ophthalmic products, highlighting the different categories of contact lenses and visual prostheses (bionic eye technologies) developed / being developed by various players across the world.
- An analysis of the key promotional strategies that have been adopted by the developers of marketed products.
- Brief profiles of the novel technologies that are being developed to expand the functionality of contact lenses.
- An in-depth analysis of the various patents granted / filed related to next generation contact lenses and visual prostheses since 2013.
- An analysis of the partnerships that have been established in this domain.
- A study of prevalent and emerging trends, and the popularity of next generation contact lenses and visual prostheses, as observed on the social media platform, Twitter.
- A list of key opinion leaders (KOLs) in this domain, featuring a 2X2 analysis to assess the relative experience of certain individuals., who were shortlisted based on their contributions (in terms of involvement in various clinical studies) to this field.
Key Market Insights
- Over 55 novel ophthalmic products are currently available / being developed for various therapeutic, diagnostic & monitoring and drug delivery applications; their growing popularity is evident across social media as well
- The current market landscape features both industry and non-industry players across the world, having proprietary products in different stages of development
- The introduction of bionic eyes has revolutionized the treatment landscape; with three products already in the market, several players are engaged in the development of such solutions
- Case Study: In order to increase the adoption of marketed products, companies have developed and implemented a diverse range of promotional strategies
- Partnership activity across the globe is indicative of the increasing interest of stakeholders in developing novel products for use in treating ophthalmic disorders
- In fact, close to 7,500 patents covering innovative contact lens technologies have been granted / filed in the given time period, significantly strengthening the intellectual capital in this domain
- A number of prominent scientists from renowned universities, owing to their involvement in clinical development efforts, have emerged as key opinion leaders
- The market is poised to grow at a steady pace as stakeholders tap the multi-billion potential in the coming decade; the opportunity is likely to be well distributed across various products, target indications and regions
- In the long term, the opportunity is likely to be segmented across diverse therapeutic modalities, immune checkpoint targets and routes of administration
A detailed market forecast, featuring analysis of the current and projected future opportunity across key market segments (listed below)
Request for Customized Report: Next Generation Contact Lenses and Visual Prostheses Market Size
Type of Product
- Contact Lenses
- Visual Prostheses
Type of Lenses
- Therapeutic Contact Lenses
- Drug-eluting Contact Lenses
- Diagnostics and Monitoring Contact Lenses
- Age-related Macular Degeneration
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
Key Geographical Region
- North America
Target Therapeutic Area
- CNS disorders
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Oncological disorders
Transcripts of interviews held with the following senior level representatives of stakeholder companies:
- Michal Shavit (Head of Sales and Marketing, EyeYon Medical)
- Mark E. Byrne (Co-Founder and Chief Technical Officer, OcuMedic)
- Praful Doshi (Founder, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Technical Officer, Leo Lens Technology)
Key companies covered in the report
- EyePrint Prosthetics
- University of Washington
- Leo Lens Technology
- Baylor College of Medicine
Get an Exclusive Market Insight of this Report: