Do you love to try different authentic recipes from Italian origin at home? If yes, you must be interested in knowing about their native ingredients. It’s so amazing to know how Italians make some of the finest dishes with simple ingredients. Their recipe success lies behind the cooking process and ingredients selection. You cannot replace one ingredient with its alternative. For instance, Italian pizza dough should always be made with Italian 00 flour instead of any random flour type. What’s so different while choosing between a normal and 00 flour? Is this question craving you? Don’t worry, we have some useful information to enhance your knowledge. Let’s start with understanding 00 flour.
What is Italian 00 flour?
On the basis of recipe requirement, Italians have classified flours into different categories. Here is a list of some popular flour variants in Italy:-
- Cake & pastry flour
- All-purpose flour
- Bread Flour
- High gluten flour
- Italian 00 floor
- White rye flour
- Rye flour
When it comes to the formation of fine Italian pizza crust, you always need Italian 00 flour. It got this name because of the finest consistency. As compared to all-purpose flour, it feels very soft because of the finest grinding. In Italy, people consider it as a gold standard flour. Below is some interesting information about this flour variant you should know.
Facts about 00 Italian floor you should know
- 00 flour is named on the basis of the grading system in flour grinding. The grading systems of wheat flour aur are classified into four categories i.e. 2, 1, 0, 00. From ascending to descending order, 00 great is the smoothest variant that it will have the lowest level of bran. Less amount of bran means the smoothest texture which is perfect for making pizza crusts.
- This is the refined version of wheat flour. Therefore, the nutrition values in Amito Captuo 00 flour will be lower than standard grade flour.
- You don’t need to maintain high precision while adding water in the dough of 00 Italian flour.
- If you are facing the issue of batter stretching while making pizza doughs, try this variant of flour. The smooth texture helps in making a thin crust without allowing the batter to stretch.
- The same variant of Italian flour is also used in manufacturing pasta.
Where to buy Italian flour online?
While arranging ingredients for Italian dishes, it is advisable to approach their native brand stores. Buying Italian food products directly from their manufacturers is difficult out of the country. However, there are multi brand stores offering local products worldwide at affordable rates. You can check the leading brands of Italian pizza flour online. Search them on the eCommerce sites delivering at your location.
Along with 00 grade Italian flour, they should also provide other pizza ingredients from native Italian origins. Local ingredients will give a native flavour and look to your dish.