What is Opana ER?
Opana ER’s other name is Oxymorphone. And it is to relieve pain severe enough to require opioid treatment, and other painkillers do not work well enough or cannot tolerate—Order Opana ER online without any hassle. Oxymorphone is a semisynthetic prolonged-release opiate to treat moderate to severe chronic aches.
It belongs to the group of medicines called narcotic analgesics (pain medicines). It works in the central nervous system to relieve aches.
It also has many side effects. You can buy Opana ER online easily.
Oxymorphone prolonged-release tablets relieve moderate to severe ache in patients requiring continuous, around-the-clock treatment for a long time.
Do not use this medication to relieve mild or moderate pain or where a non-narcotic medicine is effective.
Do not use this medication for the short time pain to relieve.
It is habit-forming if you take it for a longer time. However, people who use this medication for a long time should not fear getting chronic medicines.
What to know before taking Opana ER
Use this medication the same as your doctor prescribes. Please do not take it in copious amounts or do not take it more frequently and do not take it for a longer time. This prescription is essential for elderly patients, and they are more sensitive to the effects of ache medications. If you take many amounts of the medicine, it can make you accustomed to it.
It is imperative to understand the rules of the opioid analgesics REMS program to prevent addiction, abuse, and misuse of the medication. This medicine should come with a medication guide.
If you are taking the prolonged-release tablets:
- Swallow the prolonged-release tablets whole, one pill at a time, with enough water to complete swallowing immediately after placing it in the mouth.
- While taking the medication, part of the tablet can pass into your stools. It is normal and is nothing to worry about this.
How to take Opana ER
The dose of this medication is different for different patients. You should follow the orders and instructions on the label. If your amount is additional, do not change it until your doctor tells you to.
The amount of the medication you take depends on the strength and length of the time of the medicine.
If you miss the dose of the medication, skip the missed dose and take it back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double it.
Opana ER Dosage
Dosage for moderate to severe acute pain:
- Immediate-release tablets indicate acute pain where opioid use is appropriate.
- Opioid naive patients: 10-20 mg orally every 4-6 hours initially and start with a 5 mg increment.
- Conversion from intravenous (IV) oxymorphone oral: absolute bioavailability of orally is 10% approx. therefore, conversion from 1 mg IV every 4 to 6 hours is equipotent to 10 mg orally every 4-6 hours
- Older adult patients or patients with renal or hepatic impairment should take the medication 5 mg orally every 4-6 hours.
Dosage for Chronic severe pain:
- Opioid naive patients: 5 mg orally every 12 hours initially, then titrate in increments of 5-10 mg every 12 hours within 3 to 7 days to a level that offers adequate analgesia and minimizes Opana side effects.
- Change from intravenous (IV) oxymorphone to extended-release oral: absolute bioavailability is 10% approx. therefore conversion from one mg IV every 6 hours (4 mg per day) is equipotent to 20 mg by mouth every 12 hours (40 mg/day)
The use of higher starting doses in patients who are non-tolerant to opioids may cause fatal respiratory depression.